ALUMNA REPORT: TAMI SCHUYLER

Alum Tami Schuyler (M.A. 2001) writes:

I’m about to start a new job, which seems a good occasion to send an alum report. The job is with Kosmix, an Internet startup in Mountain View that produces a search engine and a personalized newspaper. I’ll be doing linguistic analysis, serving as the bridge between the user experience and the engineers who design the product algorithms. If you’re curious about the company, visit the About page on the Kosmix website, here. Also interesting is this article. For the past three and a half years, I worked at a San Francisco-based company called H5 — also a startup, but providing services in the legal field. I was doing linguistic analysis at H5 as well, applying search methodologies within large corpora.

I live in San Francisco (a fantastic city!) with my husband Brian and two Oregonian cats who are not sure how they ended up as full-time apartment dwellers. I remind them regularly that the indoor, collarless life is better than a sharp stick in the eye. In response, they look at me blankly.

Please be in touch!